Resignation Media, one of the ever-lovin' coolest places to work in Austin, is looking for our next receptionist! We need someone who is friendly, welcoming, engaging, and pleasant to all walks of life (mostly humans, but if you don't like puppies and/or kittens, we may have an issue). Our office has a fair amount of random traffic that just pops in to say "Hi." While we love our visitors, we are (mostly) here to get shit done. You'll have to match that aforementioned kindness with the ability to turn otherwise nice folks away at appropriate times. If you can stick with a firm "no," when needed, you'll kill it.
The right person for this role is highly organized, an excellent multi-tasker, not easily overwhelmed, and confident when interfacing with all levels of management, clients, vendors and staff. Basically: No task is outside of the receptionist's job title in providing for and supporting all employees here at HQ. Sound like fun? That's because it is. Apply with us today!
- Answers multi-line phone, takes messages, and transfers calls
- Greets guests, diplomats, and foreign heads of state
- Must be proactive and independently recognize when something needs to be done or improved in company spaces. That includes, but ain't limited to, anticipating the needs of the office.
- Understanding of all Resignation Media departments and their individual teams. There's a lot of us!
- General office upkeep (stock refrigerator, printers, ordering supplies)
- Accepting, signing for, and distributing packages and mail, as well as assist and facilitate all departments shipping.
- Manage and process internal merchandise requests, as well as internal merchandise locker.
- Basic mass email communications to all employees regarding events, birthdays, meetings, etc.
- Gmail calendar scheduling (conference calls, meetings, etc.), multiple time zones need to be taken into consideration
- Track and submit office expenses from Amazon orders to shipping costs.
- Set up and clean-up of meetings (catering, pricing, etc.)
- Direct and assist with food and grocery deliveries for all departments.
- Light travel scheduling assistance as needed including airline, hotel, car rental, and car service reservations
- Provide administrative support to Executive Assistant(s) as needed in the support of multiple executives
- Stick around for happy hours to support and supply front door monitoring.
- Other ad-hoc duties as needed/requested
- Professional and friendly while acting as a gatekeeper when needed.
- Reliability! We cannot stress this enough.
- Must possess personal tact, discretion and good judgement.
- Attention to detail, follow-up and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent Gmail platform and Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to treat sensitive/confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- The ability to function professionally under pressure, while managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Proven competencies in software applications and procedures including computers, telephone systems, filing systems, etc.
- Good working knowledge of office equipment and procedures including computers, printers, telephone systems, filing systems, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive hourly salary
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) with a company match (after 6 months with the company)
- Open vacation policy
- Fully stocked bar, including our own KCCO Beer
- Local fare from great Austin restaurants brought in daily